Here’s a tasty and filling soup that’s packed with nutrients!
1 large box 500g mushrooms, sliced
1 medium bag 200g spinach, washed
50g coriander including stems, roughly chopped
2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
2 large carrots, chopped
2 large sticks celery, chopped
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 large chillies, sliced
Extra virgin oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot until the oil is smoking, then sauté the mushrooms.
- Add leeks, carrots, celery, garlic and chillies, reduce heat and cook until veggies are soft.
- Add roughly 3 litres of water and/or vegetable stock if desired and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add spinach and coriander, bring back to boil.
- Blend to a smooth consistency and season to taste.
Add a swirl of coconut milk or sour cream to add some contrast and sprinkle some roughly chopped coriander on the top to make a feast for your eyes as well as your stomach!